Last night, we had a little sweet tooth that needed to be satisfied. We made these amazingly simple vegan chocolate shakes & they were gone in about 2 minutes!
- 4 frozen bananas (peel & slice them before freezing)
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 3 tbsp un-sweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (or PB2 mixed with a little water)
- 2 tbsp protein powder (we use the vegan hemp protein from Trader Joes … it’s really tasty) – This is completely optional by the way: we hadn’t eaten dinner, so we wanted a little protein to fill us up!
- Put all ingredients in blender & mix.
This makes 2 big shakes, so 1/2 the recipe if it’s just for you!!
Posted in Recipes
Tagged sweets, vegan
While we were catching up on TV last night, we ended up watching a few episodes of New Girl. In one of the episodes, Jess was appalled to know that one of her new friends doesn’t like dessert. How could someone not like dessert?! Well, I am kind of one of those people. Sure, every now & then, something sweet sounds good, but typically, I’d choose pickles over ice cream & pizza over a cupcake!
Here’s the thing, Jimmy loves sweets. So, in order to keep my hubby happy, I try to cook outside of my comfort zone a few times a week … which leads me to this apple & cinnamon coffee cake we made this morning.
You guys … If you haven’t stumbled upon Food Happy, take a few minutes to browse the site! Stephanie is a fellow vegetarian who uses a clean, simple approach to cooking. Her ingredients are easy to find, yet the dishes end up tasting like they took hours to prepare!! So, when I saw her recipe for Gram’s coffee cake, I knew we had to try it!
Head over to her post for the full recipe with step-by-step instructions & ingredients. *Note: We used almond milk instead of 2%, and it worked wonderfully.
It’s been so long since we’ve shared whats going on in our kitchen. Last summer, we were sharing recipes like it was our job, then we sold our house, moved in with my mom, and lastly, moved to Oregon. It’s taken a bit to get settled, and even a bit more to get into a rhythm. Now that we’re in a bit of a rhythm from week to week, we are going to be sharing so many more vegetarian recipes.
Today, I had a little sweet tooth … I also happened to have a little bit of chocolate & a few clementines. When we book wedding clients, we always send the clients a few salted chocolates, so I knew I wanted to take it that way! That’s when these little chocolate dipped clementines were dreamed up.
- 6-8 clementines (peeled & sectioned)
- 3 ounces dark chocolate
- kosher salt
This is so stinking easy … Seriously!
- Melt chocolate in microwave. Only heat for 20 seconds at a time, stir, then heat for 20 more seconds. Will probably take about a minute total.
- Dip each orange segment half way in the chocolate. Shake off excess chocolate (is there such a thing), then lay on a cookie sheet that’s covered with wax paper.
- After you have 6 or 8 segments dipped and on the sheet, take a little pinch of salt and sprinkle over the pieces.
- Repeat until all segments are coated & sprinkled.
- Put cookie sheet into the refrigerator for 15 minutes.