My favorite recipes are those that have been handed down from family & friends. This recipe comes from my mom. This is the perfect side dish for dinner or to bring to a pitch-in. Even though the dish contains oil, it’s not oily like most pasta salad dishes. It’s light & very flavorful. If you are serving it outdoors, be sure to put your bowl in an ice bath or cooler.
- 1 box whole wheat pasta
- 1 small cab of sliced black olives
- 1 1/2 cups celery
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup light mayo (or veganaise)
- 2 tbsp season salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp Accent seasoning
- Boil your water in a large pot … Cook the pasta until al dente.
- In large bowl, mix together mayo, seasoning, lemon juice & oil. Toss in vegetables.
- Drain pasta & rinse with cold water.
- Add pasta to veggie/sauce mixture & combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours. Keeps up to a week.