So many of our friends have expressed interest in implementing more vegetarian meals into their lives. Sure, they aren’t intending on become 100% vegetarian, but hey, I’ll take what I can get.
Jimmy and I have a rule when it comes to our food: Keep it as fresh/whole as possible & don’t make it too weird. While we’re all for trying new food, we’re also pretty busy, which means we like our dinner to be quick.
Earlier this week, we had one of Jimmy’s family friends over for dinner. Not knowing if she could handle some of our ‘weird’ veggie food, I opted for one of my go-to dinners: Cheese & Spinach Lasagna Rolls. This meal is super great and EASY!Best when served with a fresh spinach salad & crusty bread.
- 15 lasagna noodles
- 1 jar of tomato sauce
- 14 ounces of ricotta cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Boil water & cook lasagna noodles according to the directions on the package.
- In medium bowl, mix together, ricotta, egg, chopped spinach, herbs, s&p, parmesan cheese, and 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese.
- Drain pasta & rinse.
- Put a layer of sauce on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Use a spoon to place a dollop of mixture on each pasta noodle, then roll. Top with remaining sauce & cheese.
- Cover with foil, bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil, then cook for 5-10 more minutes or until cheese is golden brown.