Talk about things I didn’t think would go well together: beans, bbq sauce, pickles, mayo, cabbage … I was wrong. This meal was super delicious! Though, I probably would have enjoyed it more if I let it cool down before devouring.
- 1 link soyrizo (or regular meat chorizo)
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 cup broccoli floretts
- 1/2 head of cabbage
- 1/4 cup (or less) of light mayo (or veganaise)
- 1 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 large dill pickle
How to Make:
- Shred cabbage. Combine with vinegar, mayo, s&p, and adobo sauce. Mix well, then refrigerate.
- In large saute pan, cook onions until tender, then add broccoli. Once veggies are tender & slightly brown, add pinto beans. Cook until warmed through.
- Add soyrizo, BBQ sauce and chili powder to pan. Toss. Warm through.
- Assemble wraps with lots of BBQ filling, chipotle slaw and top with diced dill pickles.